6.20.2006

Pay to Park

I don't know how I always forget, but I do. Every morning, I tell myself that it's no big deal: I'll just save a 1/2 hr and drive in to work. What's an extra $5 for a little longer under the covers?

It isn't until I pull into the garage that I remember. It's a sinking feeling in my stomach.
Oh, Jeez. I have to talk to the Parking Attendant.

OK, yes, I have unlimited use of a very VIP "Reserved" spot that I never paid for. And it's nice. And he has let me use it for months.

At first, he just wanted to talk to me about the Bible on my way in to work. I'm from Oklahoma, I know how to handle those conversations. Now, these days, he refuses to take my money and asks me when we're going to dinner.

Now I'm annoyed. (Is that even fair?) How do I make it stop?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

I think you're screwed if you want to keep that spot.

HomeImprovementNinja said...

1) you cold tell him about Fictional Rockstar's dinner contest;
2) tell him you don't eat because you are anorexic/lactose intolerant/restaurant phobic etc.
3) throw a ninja smoke bomb and sneak away when he's distracted.

This all assumes that you are not romatically interested in him. If you are, and you're just so into him that you're embarrassed to eat in front of him because you just think he's so cute and if you eat in front of him, he'll realize that you probably poop too and that will be like sooooo embarassing, then disregard the top three suggestions and take him out for drinks.

Roar Savage said...

Bland- Hehe. Yes, I think I'm screwed, too.

Ninja- I am *not* interested in him. Whatsoever. What is this dinner contest you speak of?

Anonymous said...

I would consider saying that you'll go out with him, but that you need to go to the doctor's to make sure the swelling has gone down and the warts have dried up.

And that you need the money you're saving with the parking space for the daily injections.

This probably won't help, but the look on his face will be a timeless joy. AND you get to use the knowledge you picked up from your excursion into the celibate world. :)

Marci said...

Oh I do this all the time, what is with that random brain blocker thing anyway?

Fascinacion said...

Ok.. is this parking place located on L bt. 17 and Connecticut?
I used to have the same issue.
sorry... have not idea how to make it stop... I stopped driving to work.. got so fed up w/ it.

Sharkbait said...

Wear a mask every morning. A different one. He might just get so confused and think you are strange that HE won't want to talk to YOU anymore? huh huh huh?

When in doubt, flash the guy-send him into shock.

Then you're golden!

PS-Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Two words
"I'm Gay"