6.15.2006

Snot Rag City

If you could have seen me for the past couple of days, you would know that I have been buried under a mound of dirty snot rags. I have camped out on my purple sofa and have already exhausted the cinematic reserves from Blockbuster and my neighbors.

As a result, I had some very witty things to share about "Old Gringo," a Mexican Western with Jane Fonda, Gregory Peck and Jimmy Smits. I'm sure you can guess the drift. (However, the movie might be worth the rental just to see Jimmy's butt as much as you do in the film. Ay, Caliente!)

In lieu of the above-mentioned wit, though, I thought I'd be real with you. More than my post-nasal-drip, and the headache that comes and goes-- more than the dirty dishes and drawn blinds-- something has bothered me ever since I caught this bug. The fact is, of all the guys that have asked me to dinner, or to "hang" or to "have a drink" etc, this past week, only one of those offered to come bring me something.

Daddy was the only one that even SUGGESTED that he might bring me tea. Give me a man that wants to clean my apartment, rent me movies from Blockbuster and bring me chicken soup, and I'll give you a truly loyal woman.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read this I saw;

"As a result, I had some very witty things to share about "Old Gringo," a Mexican WRESTLER with Jane Fonda,"

I thought wow this OLD GRINGO sounds like one bad hombre, almost like El Pinto Grande.

So is this Daddy your new old man?

O-FACE said...

Dam chica thats all you had to say. I could of brought some turkey noodle soup, otc, and watched some Clint Eastwood all day. Hope you feel better.

Roar Savage said...

Rich- Per our many conversations-- I do not (and probably will not for a loooooong while) have an Old Man.

ERock- You haven't seen my booty in weeks. And what exactly are you trying to say, anyway?

O- What's OTC? And, Thank You. Mwah!

Fascinacion said...

Pobre. Are you feeling better now?
Nowadays when one gets sick you need to budget for doctor, medication as well as video rentals.
Good to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Maybe that is the reason why I ended up falling in love and friend/colleague became my new boyfriend. He was willing to bring me soup and drugs when I had the flu.