7.11.2006

VH1 Soul

Who goes to Eyebar on a Monday? The person that's shooting a music video, of course.

Now, let's be clear: I may have, like, 3 seconds total on-camera, though I didn't leave the place until 12am. But that's not the funny part.

The funny part happened with the makeup artist.
"I've never done a white girl before...!"
I'm used to being the token in this crowd, but all I could think at that time was, 'Lord, Please don't let this woman make me look like a New York Avenue Hooker.' Turns out it was a valid concern, as I found out when I timidly asked:
"Is there really that much of a difference?"
to which she explained, as she shallacked my lips with the darkest plum that's ever been on them, that my skin simply soaks up much more color than the faces she's used to painting. I'm not sure she had come prepared to do any face similar to the one the boys had been calling "ghost" all evening. (I had, afterall, just walked in the bathroom and asked for a touch-up. I doubt my service had been budgeted.)
"See," she said. "This color would barely show up on me."
Comforting words when you can't see the mirror...

Then later, as she was finishing up, she said:
"I'm going to have to call all my girlfriends and tell them what I did tonight!"
I told her I was happy to have popped her cherry. ; )

Gotta say, though, it was more makeup than I've put on myself in a while, but I looked damn fine!!! Shallack, here I come! (For the club only, of course).

Check out Nimat's songs on this site. "Funny" is her first single off this album, and the one whose (correct word use if the video were a person, though I'm not sure what the correct use would be) video was shot tonight. Er, technically it was shot all of yesterday and that evening, which is officially the night before since it's 2am. Whatever.

Anyway: If VH1 Soul takes votes (and I think they do), vote for this song if you liked it, please. Same thing with any other music video outlet.

And... (I'm just curious) what do you think of the chorus??? : )

Goodnight, lovelies. See you on the flipside.

7 comments:

KassyK said...

Tell me you were in a music video. Just say it. I am SO jealous. And as someone that may just be the palest person short of Nic Kidman...I am so proud of you for letting yourself be shellacked and looking fine. Get it!!

Anonymous said...

I'd say whoever is singing those background vocals is pretty talented. ;-)

O-FACE said...

Nice...So are you gonna do some hip honey's dvd's?????

Roar Savage said...

Kassy- You know it! Hehe. Thanks!

Sweet- Wherehaveyoubeenallmylife? I miss you.

O- DVDs of what?

Roar Savage said...

That's why you should answer my calls.

Anonymous said...

That I demand pictures is a given, of course.

Are those, in fact, your vocal inflections on the chorus? I am duly impressed. :)

Congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

ditto babe. i just got back from vacay and am playing crazy catch up (think stressball). let's meet up next week!