5.01.2006

Mature Love?

We were in K Street Lounge and a mutual friend was bitching about her relationship. So I said it. Cuz no one else, who was closer to her, was going to.
"Then why are you dealing with this bullshit?"
She didn't miss a beat.
"Because I love him. I'm 26, and I'm ready to work through something. I'm ready to stop walking away at the drop of a hat."
She was completely earnest. It was enough to give this cynical Savage pause. She definitely shut me up.

Now, let's be clear: this is the same girl that gets black-out drunk and hooks up with guys who are not the man she "loves." (Clearly, she's being selectively mature).

Still, in that moment it was hard not to envy her. I can't remember feeling like that since...

Wow.

Yeah.

7 comments:

O-FACE said...

I hope this post didn't come from kinkos. But thats grown and sexy that your bud feels compelled to fight for love. So braveheart, so lord of the ringish. I'm grown and I would still abandon ship at the slightest indication of resistance. I'm definitely a cut and runna.

Tyler said...

I can totally understand where she is coming from, but I think it depends upon the type and amount of bullshit that she is putting up with. Some things are better to walk away from and some are worth fighting for.

Anonymous said...

The question is if she is really truly in love with someone then why is she still hooking up with other people? I know this girl very well and the bullshit she has put up with for over a year and a half is not worth it. When you have been with a guy for over a year and a half and he still hasn't told you he loves you then it is time to ax that punk. FYI..he has only told her he loved her once while he was high on vicodyne or some other kind of presciption med.

DC Cookie said...

There's momentary bullshit, and then there's blatant incompatibility. Hope she knows which it really is...

Roar Savage said...

O- Grown and Sexy... I beg to differ. G&S would be to be faithful to someone worthy. 2 strikes, she's out.

Daddy- Hehe. Word.
Yo. Did you see all the stuff over at CircleV the other day? I'm suprised you didn't weigh in...

Ty- I refer you to Anon.

Anon- Tragedy.

VK- Perhaps you should read this again. She hooks up with other guys!!

Cookie- We'll see...

Anonymous said...

Nice...there is only so much billshit a person can deal with, so if she is trying to work on it, I hope it is something that can be worked on.
Yeah, uh...I would have been like, "then why are hooking up with other dudes if you are sooooo in love? Less bitching more keeping your legs closed".
But I'm a bitch like that!! ha ha
Hope she makes them wear condoms.
Love shouldn't itch. hee hee

Roar Savage said...

That's my new personal manifesto:

Love Shouldn't Itch.