5.11.2006

Slump After Hump Day

District Siren celebrated her Birthday last night. My beautiful Taurus bff joined the ranks of the 23's yesterday, and a fun time was had by all.

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEEZY!!! I wonder how many times I said that last night?

The burger was good, but our party was too big to seat in the Restaurant, so The Front Page (of Ballston) sat us in the hallway of the mall behind it. We were having such an echo-ing, raucus good time that we didn't even care that the $1 drafts ended at 7pm. The VA'ans (who were used to the cheapness lasting 'til 9pm) were bummed, but I was excited to get ANY drink for even $2-- it was like being in college again!!

And what birthday would be complete without Kareoke at the Royal Lee? This dive was deliciously bogus cornball. I treated DS's work buddies to my own (fabulous) renditions of "I Will Survive" and "Black Velvet," cuz Roar is a Diva and she rolls like that.

Too bad it's raining, but our hangovers needed the down time that the present gloom affords. Besides, I'm on mental rest until tonight's debauchery...

5 comments:

Marci said...

Happy Birthday to DSiren!!! That is right in my neigborhood, I can't believe I am stuck in Baltimore.

You girls are the cutest things on the planet.

O-FACE said...

I treated DS's work buddies to my own (fabulous) renditions of "I Will Survive" and "Black Velvet," cuz Roar is a Diva and she rolls like that.
***********************************

Yes you so are!!!!!!! Gloria Gaynor rocked that song.

Roar Savage said...

Thanks, guys!

I've won money doing Gaynor. But I really have to give props to "Black Velvet." You can rock it out, but it's obscure enough to suprise 'em, ya know?

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday District Siren!

Sounds like you all had lots of fun!

Washington Cube said...

It sounds like you all have a super time. Drunken Karoke. Poifect.