4.17.2006

Cramming 23

I turn 23 in a week.

I had previously had this idea that 23 meant something. Big. Like, viable adulthood or something. It's why I began freaking out about my job. I'm not sure if it was a life-long opinion, or one born of December '05, staring down the mouth of my 23rd year. Then again, does the origin of this idea really matter?

The point is: I had expected to have a few more answers than I currently do. And now it's crunch time.

I'm not one to accept premature defeat: In college, I could pull an all-nighter and emerge the next morning with 10 pages of A- quality BS on a book (or two or three) that I had read the same evening. Following this logic, there's no way I can't "cram" an equivalent amount of life knowledge into the next 6 days.

I'm devoting the coming week's posts to my as-yet unanswered life questions. And I want answers. Really. I do. So if you think you can shed some light... please give this double deuce a hand. Gracias.

14 comments:

I-66 said...

Answer: 2

Roar Savage said...

Smart ass.

Washington Cube said...

Something to look forward to, yes?

Anonymous said...

23 feels like 25, or the other way around or something. I still can't believe it's already been three years since college. It goes pretty fast.

I-66 said...

Guilty as charged :)

KassyK said...

UGH. I just turned 27 and believe me...23 is still super young. Enjoy the pre-25. I feels like a different world up here. JK...Most of us dont have answers for way way longer down the road-believe me, at 23 I was still feeling like I was 16. :-) But the good part of getting older is that its easier to cut their the emotional bullshit.

Anonymous said...

Cramming? Unlike college, life isn't a complete and total bullshit waste of time and money. That's all you need to know. For you, 23 doesn't mean anything other than next Monday. Everything else you'll pick up along the way. Birthdays are only legal milestones.

KassyK said...

Apparently I cannot spell today...Apologies.

I-66 said...

...so now that you're turning 23, can I ask that you refer to yourself as not actually turning 23, but dropping the double deuce?

Roar Savage said...

Y'all are so sweet. I'm just sayin'...

The Big Day is actually Sunday. And Please, Please, Please call it "Dropping the Double Deuce." So alliterative!

Heather B. said...

Just remember to share what you learn from folks with me. Sharing means caring.

Tyler said...

Even at 'turning 28' I don't think I have any answers for you...

Anonymous said...

Double down on "dropping the double deuce!" :)

It's hard to really say what it means, because I'm not you. You know the milestones of your life. What you've achieved. What you've yet to achieve. Not every birthday is gonna be a huge festival, and not every "regular" day is going to be humdrum and mundane.

Don't try to plan your life like it's a calendar. Go where you want to go, make the moves you need to make, and the rest will handle itself.

And believe me, if you think 23 is old, you might not make it to 31. ;) Then again, I feel younger now than I did then, so who's to say?

O-FACE said...

Jesus frickin Rice---- Your only gonna be 23 queen. Your just getting out the blocks. Enjoy everyday of that sh**, because it sucks up here. Skin starts changing, body aches, and senility starts setting in. Just fail dudette, just fail. Start something, anything but just do it. Write a book, travel the world, start a business, learn something new, just start, create, and fail/suceed.