4.04.2006

Things I Learned In Tucson This (Extended) Weekend


  • I am Exactly 1/64th Cherokee.

  • Hedgehog is the name of a cactus.

  • There is crazy on both sides of the family tree.

  • My Grandfather got kicked out of H.S. 3 times before he married my Gramma and joined the Army. The last time, he was expelled because he stole a school bus that was en route to a football game-- the bus with all the cheerleaders on it.

  • My Grandmother sleeps and eats better when someone else is around.

  • This may be the last time I get to visit my Grandmother. (She and I, however, think she'll bounce back).

  • Next visit, though, I may have to rent my own car.

  • My 11-year-old cousin is only one inch shorter than me.

  • My Grandmother has been a Unitarian since the 70's. Like, I didn't know the church existed back then.

  • There are still pictures of my Mother at my Grandmother's house.

  • There are more pictures of me in the "Main Family" box, mixed in with pictures of my Great Grandparents, than there are in the box marked "Matt's Family" which is already nearly full with Bubba pictures. (No, I'm not jealous...)

  • Unlike contemporary pics, you can't mark old prints from the 40's with Sharpie marker. I ruined a pic of Uncle Gene... at least Gramma and I went through the entire box and labeled the rest (in regular pen).

5 comments:

I-66 said...

...is it really a dry heat?

Roar Savage said...

Yes. 83 degrees of driness. Sucka!

I-66 said...

Pft. If I had been in Arizona I wouldn't've gone to the DC United game on Sunday, thank you :oÞ

Marci said...

I love Grandparents...they are my favorite kind of people.

And hey, I am part Indian too! Not Cherokee, but still. Totally native baby.

O-FACE said...

Cool!!!!