3.17.2006

2 Reasons

RoarSavage: the only reason people date is cuz they want to have premarital sex
YoDaddy: yeah true
YoDaddy: hahaha
YoDaddy: that is so true though
RoarSavage: if they didnt, we'd still be being fixed up by matchmakers
YoDaddy: well although it also allows you to know what you actually like in a person
RoarSavage: fine. the lone valid point.
RoarSavage: you win.
YoDaddy: haha
YoDaddy: that was too easy

...Yeah. I just posted a funny IM conversation. Whatever. I'm certain I said this exact same thing to Kenny when he tried to wax all sappy about dating at the HH. That's nice and all, (and adorably sweet of him) but I'm 22 and I'm not republican (lower case on purpose). I'm not trying to get married. Not yet.

It hit me, after a particularly bad 3rd date a while back, were I to choose to continue to date under current conditions, it would be an act of utter lunacy. (Because, as AA teaches us, crazy is doing the same thing and expecting a different result...) Just when I was about to throw in the towel, I realized: no dating means no opportunities for, uhm, other stuff. The team and I remain cautiously optimistic (crazy, in and of itself), but no one's been "bed-worthy" yet...

And just one word (or 6) of advice: Most of you took off work today to party with college freshmen at Kegs and Eggs. I'm jealous. But just remember: not all freshmen are legal. Ask to see a *real* ID.

11 comments:

Roar Savage said...

Actually, I couldn't sleep last night. I think I got some shut-eye eventually...

I-66 said...

...you write that as if there's something wrong with premarital sex

Heather B. said...

Dude I'm leaving in two hours for some bball and beer.

Anonymous said...

Love it, freshmen and Kegs & Eggs, that is very true. Although I do kind of wish I was there, because I will be working a full day. Bummer.

Washington Cube said...

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Roar Savage said...

66- Hehe. I wonder what the Pope would say...

Heather- I can't drink 'til 10. Pissed. Pissed, I tell you!

Mappy- You and me both, Sister. We'll live.

Cube- You too, darlin'!

Anonymous said...

Is sex all you think about?

The reason for dating is so that you always have someone who has to do stuff with you even if they hate it. Like antiquing or windsurfing.

Roar Savage said...

Ah, mutual torture. Nice.

KassyK said...

Roar-Ugh went out and witnessed the masses of annoying pop collared morons at the bar...took off today but completely random...forgot it was even st.pattys day....Hope you find someone bed worthy soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

That "yo daddy" dude is a freakin' geeeeenius. I don't know if i could've said it better myself.......

I find it interesting that you had a "bad 3rd date" cuz honestly I've rarely ever gotten past 2 and it not becoming SOMETHING i mean not necessarily alotta something...But at least a quasi little.

Roar Savage said...

Kassy- Popped collars feign personality where there is none. Sadness.

'Mous- You'd be suprised.