3.23.2006

23

alternate title: Roar's Weird (Slightly OCD-esque) Obsession

Being stuck under this corporate rock, flailing, sinking, gasping for air (OK... enough whining already!) I almost forgot that I had been looking forward to this day for a awhile. Baceause it's the 23rd, and I had a special post planned.

The answer to Douglas Adams' Universe might be 42, but the answer to mine is 23. It's the day I was born. It was the day my accidental namesake died (and on my half birthday, no less). It's the birthday of my best friend and roomate. (Actually, we were born the dame day of the same year and never realized until we began planning our birthday parties!). It was the (not so fun) day I went to a police station in Silver Spring.

23 is a number that means 'change' according to the family psychic, Joe. (Because 2 + 3 = 5, because it's not a 'stable' even number, and the damn thing is PRIME, don't forget).

I see this number everywhere. It's in my car's license plate. It's in my bloglines ID. I'll check the clock, and it'll be the 23rd minute of the hour. Like, often. (Yes, I know it sounds weird). According to Joe, when I see the number a lot, it means things are about to change. And, I gotta say, I think he may be right.

Today, for instance, was a pretty big turning point. My heretofore condescending and unhelpful boss said, "Wow! You're on top of this!" She wasn't being sarcastic. It was definitely a 'Hells Yeah!' kind of moment. And the rest of the day wasn't so bad. There was breathing room. I even checked in on some blogs...
After work I had my very first Five Guys experience with some already converted (and very cool) bloggie buddies. Remember: no quotes, guys. Hehe.

So, yeah. What is your special number?

6 comments:

Sharkbait said...

Um I luuuuurve you and had so much fun this evening! I laughed way too hard!

Roar Savage said...

Sharkie- I love you to, honey! I agree. Too hillarious!!

Daddy- 3? I'd've thoght your number was '10' cuz that's definitely what you are...
...and quit tring to give your number out online, hehe.

Roar Savage said...

DCOE, I think it's cool that your number is one away from mine. Though, if you wanna claim 69, that's hot too...

Marci said...

My best girlfriend was born on 7/3/73...and 73 shows up everywhere for her.

Weirder to mention is that her brother was born on 6/2/62.

Roar Savage said...

Totally weird. But very cool.

My birthday combines both of my parents': One, on 1/13, the other on 3/20. 1 + 3 = 4, the 2 of the 20 + the 3 of 13 make 23.

Does anyone else's birthday work like this?? I'm not the only one I've heard of...

Anonymous said...

I'm with Yo Daddy - my number is 3. For his same reasons, my birthday, my sports, I also like 33, and multiples of 3, like 9, because it's the 3rd multiple of 3. I know, strange.