3.10.2006

Tourrette's

Two runners slowed down from a jog right in front of AB and I as we were walking back from Baja Fresh. One man in particular was built. Great upper body. Some grey in his brown hair. Not even winded from his run. His arms might as well have been racks of lamb.

All my ogling made me feel icky (it IS Lent, afterall...) But two feet ahead of us, it was hard for me to get a good look, that is, until he and his friend turned to go into a deli and I was able to see-- "No ring! No ring!" I blurted out, relieved. (I do not, on principle, lust after married men).

It didn't even occur to me that the racks of lamb might have ears as well. When I turned around for one last glance through the deli window, LambChops was looking back at me and smiling as he put his shirt on.

I am so immature.

Then AB and I had this conversation:

Wow. That would have been embarrassing if he heard me.
Yeah.
And I think he did.
(Snickered).
O well. So I have Tourettes.
But then you would have been cursing.
No, they don't curse. They just can't hold in what they're thinking.
That and twitching.
Hey, that might be a good type of person to date.
I feel like some things you don't want to know, Roar.
Hehe. Maybe. Like, 'I think you're being manipulative right now.'
Yeah, only it would sound like 'Manipulative. MANIPULATIVE!'
Do you think there's anyone with Tourrette's that doesn't twitch, cuz that might be the only downside.
Why don't you just date loud-mouthed, honest guys?
Well, see, I've done that... but they end up being too much like myself.

6 comments:

I-66 said...

...so I guess it's not possible then to have Tourette's and be a moaner.

Anonymous said...

FUCK!

Anonymous said...

oops, sorry about that...

Anonymous said...

I think the moans would just be really REALLY LOUD!!!! (and would probably make him sound like he is in pain and not pleasure)

Roar Savage said...

66- There you go. Gettin' all freaky-deaky again...

Rich- LOL.

Chase- Good point.

I-66 said...

[shrug] honest question :)