3.13.2006

Spring Fever

81 degrees today! I'm so excited!!

The polar ice caps may be melting, but I got to wear my pretty, vintage skirt today. Momentous occasion. It's still 7 days before the first day of Spring, but that didn't keep me from having a Spring-ish weekend.

Friday- The All-Seasons Favorite: Drinking. Only, not really. D, Nic and I did 6 spots and I managed to only have 2 drinks. Granted, they were dirty Goose martinis and I hadn't eaten much that day (no time). But still. Unlike the previous week where not enough alcohol made this girl cranky with her cohorts, this past Friday, we stayed out til 3:30 and it wasn't until the next morning that I realized I wasn't as intoxicated as my friends. Must have been the company. *smile*

Saturday- Spring Cleaning. D and I have a constant battle with our bathroom, so I prefer the hands-and-knees scrubbing approach. No matter what, though, it never stays clean. You'd think two chicks would be less messy... I spent most of the day, though, walking back and forth to and from the laundromat across the street. Some guy stopped and introduced himself. "You look like you're on your way to a pool party." O Lord. Damn Soffe shorts.

Sunday- Eastern Market. I was homesick for Oklahoma yesterday. It started when I was told Friday night that the Pope was allowing Irish Catholics to eat meat for St. Patty's Day, even though it's technically a Friday during Lent. I immediately missed my Mother's Corned Beef and Cabbage (and I never really even liked it all that much). An afternoon at her favorite DC spot didn't help, either. But at least I was able to pick up a couple of presents for her upcoming birthday. She was born on the Official First Day of Spring. (I have a feeling she wouldn't want me to say which year).

I love Spring Time.

6 comments:

I-66 said...

such restraint... amazing really.

Nicole said...

Notes:
- I only had 2 drinks too!
- No mention of any guys in this post?
- Obv I'm not Irish but my dad too makes corned beef and cabbage, which I love.

*smiles back*

Roar Savage said...

66- I always have restraint. Even when I'm wilin' out. Thug's gotta keep their guard up, ya know?

Nic- My Mom isn't Irish either, lol. I'm really loving the whole "restraint" drinking thing. And I'm glad we can "enable" each other... mwah!

L- Wasn't it beautiful? Have you started reading our book yet?

VK- You know I am very sensitive to your rep. But even the hardest thugs have "Mom" tattoos.

V- Hehe. Where else besides OK do you see people tip cows??

Heather B. said...

I got a lovely pink pedicure and I'm so excited to show it off. Loving this weather.

Roar Savage said...

See, Heather B, that's why you can't do snark today. Pretty and Peppy is fun!

I-66 said...

for a second there I thought that said "pretty and preppy"... which doesn't exactly go with the thug.