3.16.2006

Happy Hour Thoughts

But first, a lesson:
Clearly, this is something Jesus wants me to learn. When I created my Lent-olution, I thought sure I would be spending the 6 weeks sober. I am here to tell you friends- to testify!- that this is not the case.
2 Martinis with Belvedere + Saving Dinner Plans til After = Quite a Warm, Fuzzy Buzz.
Clearly, Jesus wants me to know that I don't need that 3rd (or 6th) like I used to think I did.
OK... now back to our regularly scheduled program.

This is long, but I didn't want to skip anyone. Besides, I'm proud that I got to talk to so many of you this time. It was, after all, my goal.

LOTS of 1st meetings:
AOL has obviously come leaps and bounds since 4th grade, annoying dial-up and bulky external modems. I liked meeting Jeff and Kenny so much, they almost made me feel guilty that I pirate "my" internet. Almost. Compliments get you everywhere, Kenny. I look forward to reading you both. (Ted Leonsis for President!)

Finally met DCOE, and it was a pleasure. Aspertame should always have a cute, blonde bob. It goes with your refreshingly straight-forward personality.

Another 1st meeting (& a pleasure): Countdown to V. Guys, this Virgin is hot! And sweet! And unaffected! And gracious! Someone do her already!!

EJ, darling, I think you're swell and I'd love to talk longer.

Tyler- A pleasure. I hope we see more of you at these.

KassyK (fellow UMD alum) and Sally were quite the dynamic duo at the bar. It was fun, girls.

Rock Creek Rambler hadn't been at the last 2 HH's, so imagine my suprise when I plopped down next to EJ and introduced myself to the dude she was talking to, and it was him. Sorry we couldn't chat longer. (Though your post today makes it seem as though you would have been hard to impress). Pablo turned on Salsa in the main room like he promised he would. When salsa calls, I answer.

And then there were the people I already knew:
I chatted with our gracious hostess-with-the-most-est, Kathryn, about my new obsession Blue Mercury, a spa she turned me on to. Did I mention I have appointments today AND tomorrow?
And our other host, 66, kissed my FUPA. Hells yeah!

I can't believe VK showed! His holla was on, hardcore, all night. But babe, when did you leave?

"They want to make me an admin," I told Martin. "O. No. You're better than that!" Martin gets it. Or me. This man is living the dream and I'm so jealous.

My fellow Lent-er, Law-rah was there. She, Nic and I were the only ones holding down the afterparty crowd. Nanner's excused. Where was Travis?

I just really like CircleV. She's even cooler in person. *Girl Crush*

I also really enjoyed talking to Heather. Good, down-to-earth people. That's you, dear.

Barzelay- aka, the new AUA, with all of his dcblog citations. Twice in one week did you say? Don't let his baby face fool you. He's quite funny and a little impish...

Scott- Cool seeing you. When are you starting your own blog?

It should be noted that the famous K graced the blog scene with her presence. And then woke to say this morning in an email, "I had fun at that blogging thing…people are cooler then I thought they would be." LOL!

And lastly (but way far from least-ly) Nic. It's weird blogging about our blog-related encounters, b/c this girl is a regular on my social calendar. Like, she is most of it, lol. Actually, once you've met K and Nic, you've met the down-ass girls that rarely miss a night. And speaking of social calendars, Nic had a great idea, which I guess I'll let her debut on her own blog. But remember: many of you already said you'd be interested... And since I'm sure you're all dying to know, Nic and I had Julias Empanadas before going home.

What a lovely (and only tipsy) night! Thanks, guys!

***ADDENDUM: I tried to get everyone. Can't believe I'm such a boor! Ghettodev was there last night, and SUCH a great addition. I'm really glad Nic and I have roped him into this bloggie world. It should be noted that I have known this man since we attended Alcohol Summit during our Sophmore year at UMD. Which consisted of brainstorming ways to dissuade our Greek communities from binge drinking. Is that irony, or what??? He was also a mutual friend of Nic's before Nic and I realized we had mutual friends. O, the tangled web we weave... Anyway, thanks for the call out in front of all our friends, dear. They didn't have to know that I made out in public on the regular in Bentley's. Whatev. I was DATING the BOUNCER!***

23 comments:

A Unique Alias said...

Uhm, thanks, but judging from what I've been hearing about this shindig, I don't want to be associated with that guy. :-\

Law-Rah said...

As I was leaving and saying goodbye to my law school friend who was working security. He tells me of this cute girl he met. I asked if he got her number and he says "sorta"...pulls out a napkin with "roarsavage.blogspot.com" I had to laugh! I told him to watch out, she's a wild one;-)

Law-Rah said...

I KNEW AUA would not be okay with that comment!!!

KassyK said...

Had a blast meeting you as well...nice to know I'm not the only one needing to hit up the dance floor once the music kicks in. :-) Your adorable...looking forward to Nicole's intro. for the special "side project".

Roar Savage said...

LR- Dude is FOI-NE! (Said with an Okie accent.) I'm not a total nerd. Gave him my email too... for contact sake. The url was so he wouldn't feel left out of the HH thing. (I think that's how it went in my head, anyway).

AUA- I meant to make the comparison between both of your dcblog fames, dear. Never met ya in person. (Sorry you had a funeral to attend to. Hopefully you and the lovely RC will make it out next time). That said, is it really necessary to hate on real people (aka, non Celebrity, that will definitely see it) via a blog???

Kassy-Thank you. I'm looking forward to said project and hanging with you more.

Anonymous said...

FIX YOUR LINKS. THE SKY BLUE IS VERY HARD TO READ

A Unique Alias said...

Aw, yeah, I figured - - still, 'yikes.'

As far as hate goes, it's not necessary, but obviously some people find it very entertaining.

Jeff Simmermon said...

Good to meet you last night, Miss Savage...and thanks for the pinch.

Anonymous said...

Roar -- I enjoyed our chat and I'm sorry about the dearth of eligible straight men in D.C. Just remember that the guy you're looking for is looking for you. Check out my new gay blog when you have a sec: Worth Repeating

Anonymous said...

I'm not so bad in person.

Heather B. said...

ROAR! I looooved seeing you as always.
I told my brother that some hot girl thought he was cute but that she's not interested because he's just a baby. He was bummed.

Hammer said...

Woman, I done told you already, I was out honky-tonkin'!!!

Roar Savage said...

Anon- Fine. There. I hope you're happy. Now my blog, instead of looking like the ocean, looks like crap-tacular Cotton Candy. This is Kemph's fault. I do it all for you, Anon...

AUA- Toucher.

Jeff- Pinches are handed out free of charge. There are more where that one came from, hehe.

Kenny- I feel like I just met Dan Savage---- and if you had been reading me (and you haven't) you'd know that I'm a huge DS fan. That said, I'm not really worried about the "dearth." 22 is too young to do anything but date around, aimlessly. It's my time. I'm savoring it.

RCR- I guess we'll see how inviting you are at the next one.

Heather- Sorry we can't be sisters. j/k. Until next time (which will hopefully be very soon).

V- It's the Okie thing.

'Riss- You were not what I expected AT ALL! Here's to awesome suprises!

Roar Savage said...

Travis- Wasn't that in "A Coal Miners Daughter"? OK, Tommy Lee Jones. OK. Missed you, though.

Lucy said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. However, I must say, NOBODY is the new AUA... there's only one, thank goodness. ;)

Roar Savage said...

Fair enough.
OK, everybody-- Collective: "AAAAAAAAAW!"

Anonymous said...

"They want to make me an admin," I told Martin. "O. No. You're better than that!" Martin gets it. Or me. This man is living the dream and I'm so jealous.

Heh heh. I'm still a little mystified by this, but I'm flattered nonetheless. ;) Here's hoping you can live the life you want to live as well--though it seems like from my POV, you're not far from it. ;)

By the way, the ID code for this entry was "dcyvq." Boy, imagine the acronyms you could come up with... :)

Martin
boztopia.livejournal.com

Lucy said...

Heh. Please, no "awwwwwww"-ing. I meant I'd be plumb wore out if there were more than one! ;)

I-66 said...

Did you just change your blog for an anon? You're too easy.

Roar Savage said...

Martin- Thanks. But I meant getting paid for what you love. Looong way off, dear. Looong way. hehe.

RC- I just got a flash of Andi McDowell in "Multiplicity."

66- I'm sure he wasn't the only one annoyed.

Kemph! Kemph! Save me, damn it!

Anonymous said...

Ah hah! Now I am filled with understanding. ;)

It really comes down to what fulfills you in life. For a very long time, I wasn't fulfilled at my work, and now I am. But work can't be ALL that fulfills you, because what kind of a life is that?

You said I had too much personality to be a programmer, and you're right. ;) But look at you--every recap I've read of the HH so far mentions your vivaciousness, sexiness, love of life, and (frequently) expertise at getting one's groove on. You may not be doing all you want to do, but I bet there're a lot of folks out there who are loving you for the life you ARE leading. :)

(Yes, I can kick game like no man, but that's not the point. :) I wouldn't say this if it weren't legit. ;))

P.S. I just figured out how to link my LJ through Blogger. I'm "speshul." :)

P.P.S The code for this entry was "oubiafui." That had me laughing for a bit. ;)

ghettodev said...

Sorry i blew you're spot... But really anyone who didn't make in bars missed out. All the cool kids did.


HH was a good time.

Roar Savage said...

Martin- You are the man. What else can I say? Love ya, babe.

Bar- I feel like your comment has me stuck between a rock and a hard place. Would you like me to erase it? Everyone gets drunk, and this time you got teased for it. Nic said everything I would have. And I'll also summarize CircleV: Actions speak louder than words.

VK- You're like a thief in the night, dear.

Ghetto- Like, seriously, hehe.

DCOE: Big, fat ditto. I'm on pins and needles for Nicole to post about the "plan" so we can get it under way... ahem-ahem. hehe.