2.02.2006

Happy 7th, Bubba



Seven years ago today, on Groundhog's day, I got a present way better than any winter forecast. At 15 years old, I became the proud big sister to my very own Bubba. My cousin Kasie got a little bubba when we were 12. I had been envious for so long... and then it finally happened. I got one, too!

I spent the Summer after Bubba was born at my Dad's house, and would go to the hospital with my Stepmom to her New Mommy classes. When Bubba would get fussy, I would take him into the hallway and push him in his stroller or bounce him up and down, hugging him in my arms. More than one couple that summer gave us dirty looks as we walked up and down that hallway, thinking that Bubba was, in fact, my son. I didn't let them bother me. It was Dallas, afterall. And I wasn't about to let small mindedness affect my joy with my new toy.

Bubba has continued to be such a blessing, and one of my favorite playthings. He teases me like I deserve and is the only person that will all-out wrestle with me anymore.

I love you, Bubba! Happy Birthday!!!

(Isn't he handsome?)

7 comments:

Marci said...

Ohhh, he's precious! That photo looks like the default photos of the pretty people that come in the picture frames just in case you don't have friends or family of your own... What? Isn't that what those fake photos are for?

Nicole said...

He's going to be such a hottie when he's older.

Kathryn Is So Over said...

Happy Birthday to Bubba. He shares his bday with my Daddy. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable pic!
It is refreshing to read something positive about a sibling.
I can tell you are really fond of him. I hope he has a great birthday.

Jinxy said...

He looks like a future serial killer.

alwswrite said...

My sister is 15 years younger than me, and I too got a lot of dirty looks when she was a wee one. The freaky part is when they grow up -- she's 15 years old now and towers over me. When she starts driving next year I'll really go off the deep end.

Roar Savage said...

You guys are so sweet, thank you!

Nanner- Thank you. I changed the pic to something that focused more on Bubbs, but thanks for the compliment all the same. Mwah!

Daddy- Bubba is the Southern term for Brother, not an actual name, hehe. (Not totally getting it, he's started calling me Bubba back, lol).

Larissa & Kathryn- What a cool day for Birthdays! I hope you and yours had a great day, as well.

Nicole- Thanks babe. I'd tell him, but he's still in the cooties phase.

Chase- Thanks!

Jinx- Suck it. (No one talks about Bubba that way...)

ADub- Then you totally understand: I sometimes feel more like the cool aunt then an actual sis, hehe.