2.06.2006

Countdown to VD: There are no men

It's true. There are way over 100,000 more women in the District than there are men. And not even 200,000 of those are in the 25-44y-o age bracket. (Rather wide, don't you think? This might explain why those old dudes have been hitting on us with straight faces...)

Being single in DC is like always being the odd man out in musical chairs. No wonder there's so much UGC here. People are just happy to be coupled up.

But back to me. Do I really have to move to a red state to get a decent date?

7 comments:

DC said...

Ew Ugly Girl Complex is not cute and I have unfortunately fallen victim more times than I care to remember

Marci said...

I live in VA (it's red, isn't it)...and, sister, dates are not so hot on this side of the river either.

Roar Savage said...

Click the link. According to epodunk.com, the states with the ratios in our favor are red: Co, MO, FL, etc.

Anonymous said...

Please don't move to a red state, Roar.

Anonymous said...

quit working and move to the south...enroll back in college and earn your MRS degree. that works for hundreds if not thousands of women each year. or so i hear.

Roar Savage said...

"Enroll back in college." Does that work for anyone, at any age? Can someone really be 30 working on their MRS? MRS=the ultimate tragedy, btw.

I have no problem flirting and making the first move, or even quirks (that's the fun part) but "shy" is usually hard for me to handle.

I-66 said...

really? shy is hard for you? imagine that :)