2.23.2006

I swear I'm not Jenna Bush. Really.

...and other thoughts from & about last night's Happy Hour.

Having a condom named after you... and it's "for her pleasure," well, I think this settles a few things, don't you? I used to want a "Welcome to Savage" sign that I could hang (uhm, above my bed, perhaps?) but no one wanted to steal if for me. The condom, thankfully, is legal. Thank you to Nic for finding this treasure. That I ultimately lost mid-after-party. Just have to go back, then, I guess.

If a future Doctor thinks you can eat random fries, who am I to do anything but join in the fun?

I loooved talking to Circle V last night! (And her rendition of an Okie accent was WAAY better than mine. I just think hick accents are so hot!!) I'm setting up my appointment at Blue Mercury as soon as I get paid, hehe.

I will break 66 of his Jaeger beef. Jaeger is the nectar of the gods. When mixed with Goldshlager it's heavenly. I call it a Starry Night. BTW, 66, why do I always scowl in pics with you? I promise to work on this. I looked at one pic and I was like, "Gawd! It doesn't even look like I like him."

Fave quote of the evening(not telling who said it): "I'm straight-ish."

Marci and I are the spanking-giving queens. And DAMN, is this one Down Ass Chick or what?

Greg (non-blogger) totally came through with the car bombs for Nic and I. He followed us to 2 of our 3 after party venues (you guys remember 18th St?) but peaced out at Citron. He must've gotten the hint that no one was feeling him that much. Sadface.

Steve's. Isn't it so speak-easy-ish? All I had to do was walk up to the DJ and say, "I told my crew this was an 80's place. Will you play 80's for me?" And just like that, we were boogie-ing to Michael Jackson and Madonna. Score!

And last but not least: Who was the last girl standing at the after party? THIS GIRL!

...Now you guys have seen Nicole and I in action. As she's already mentioned, if this had been a weekend night, we would have been on the main floor of Citron, dancing on that bar (or one of the booths).

But I maintain: I am not Jenna Bush.

19 comments:

I-66 said...

I don't know - I'm a fairly ardent opposer of Jaeger. You're free to try to break it if ya want. I cannot promise success.

I don't think this one was as much a scowl as the last one... but I know ya like me anyway :Þ

Nicole said...

Sadface about Greg? Heh, that must have been said tongue in cheek. Speaking of which...

And I have the condom now. Are you sure we didn't trade my car key for your condom? JK.

I-66 said...

[snicker] Q: How is a car key like a condom?

A: Without them, you probably can't get inside.

Thank you, I'm here all week! Try the salisbury steak, it's fantastic.

Roar Savage said...

LOLOL.

I'll look for your key(s). You lost just one? How does that happen??

Yes. Tongue in cheek. He kissed me! ...

Nicole said...

Yes dear, I lost just the car key. Because the ex is peculiar when it comes to cars, and insisted something about too many keys on a keychain ruining the suave effect of having a single key with BMW on it, or in my case MINI. And something about too many keys and keychains dangling from the ignition being bad for the starter. So, my apartment and mail keys are on one keychain, and the car key stands alone. Which was actually a godsend last night, because it let me still get into my apartment and retrieve the spare...

Call you later.

Roar Savage said...

Sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Greetings!

I would've pegged you more as Barbara Bush than Jenna. One, Barbara's widely cited as the more cerebral, reserved twin, who can get freaky when she wants to, but often chooses the wiser path.

And two, Barbara's much better looking. ;)

This is Martin, btw. :) Thanks for talking with me last night. :) Nice to meet you.

Martin
aka Boztopia
boztopia.livejournal.com

Anonymous said...

Did someone say SPANKINGS?

Sounds like an ass-slapping good time. I'm jealous.

Roar Savage said...

Martin- I, too, tried to leave a comment on your site and was DENIED. I'll check back later for the update to your livejournal page.

Rich- Were your ears burning or nose itching last night? (Unrelated to your sickness, of course).

Roar Savage said...

And Boz, thanks for the compliment.

Anonymous said...

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt, it's what's for dinner. :)

The commenting has been turned on for any and all takers. Have at. :)

And you're welcome. You actually look a bit like Barbara, now that I think about it. :)

Anonymous said...

ARRGGHH.

That last one was me, Martin, yet again. I could do a whole series of posts about how Blogger and I just don't click, so to speak. ;)

Hammer said...

Someone dared Roar to bring the pain. And the pain was broughtten. Thanks for taking the lead on keeping the fun going post-Lucky Bar. Someday I gotta hear that Oklahoma accent - I really didn't know there was one.

Heather B. said...

You all were the highlight of my evening (by 'you all' I mean you, Nicole, I-66, and Marci of course). You girls are some serious fun and make me look like an amateur.

Roar Savage said...

Martin- I'm loving the washing of love. Thank you.

Bar- No accounting for taste. I like hard shots, really. I'm a Jameson fan. Straight Jaeger is best, I think. Can't get down with the GM or Kamikaze though. To each their own. But why'd you call it a Vandy?

Travis- You are invited to any party I throw, ever. Premeditated or not. You throw down, too, my friend.

Heather- Amateur is as amateur does. I really enjoyed meeting you, too. I hope you can follow us to the post-HH festivities next time.

Marci said...

Woo! I think I am getting my second wind. I will get that spanking pic up sooner or later, I may or may not have had a fight with my photo software the other day.

Law-Rah said...

So YOU are the reason for the music change...AWESOME:-)

Roar Savage said...

LawRah-I had to. I just couldn't stand that look in Marci's eyes. "I thought you said this was an 80's place..." I mean, there was neon orange & mirrors everywhere, lol. But anything for my girls.

Daddy- I believe you. We missed you Wed night.

Bar- My Mother begged me to go to Vanderbilt. She thought I'd meet a good, clean, preppy boy. That's all I know about Vandy, lol.

Roar Savage said...

I think Mom meant well at least. She owns her own law firm and still wishes she could have been a stay-at-home-Mom. Weird.