2.01.2006

UGC

:acronym for Ugly Girl Complex.
(This is a term close to my heart, one that I've coined and I hope will catch on cuz it's oh-so-relevant. I sometimes use it several times a day).

UGC is a condition that many women (and some men) suffer from that makes them settle for less than they deserve.

Your hot friend Veronica dating a bad-dressing dork?
Unless he's a specific enthusiast, she's suffering from UGC.

Taking bullshit from any guy, who's stringing you along?
You've got UGC.

Your hot guy friend still dealing with that busted girl that brings nothing but drama?
He's a victim of UGC.

UGC has varying degrees. Settling for someone who's looks or behavior render them beneath you, well, that's UGC. Settling for a combo of both- an ugly, mean person- and you've got UGC BAD!

The motivation for UGC is simple. These poor afflicted people are afraid they won't get anyone better. Friend with a victim of UGC? You can't down their partner. Remember: your friend may be in denial (you'd have to be!). Instead, take them out and let them see that normal, hot and nice people will find them interesting. UGC, by definition, is an unfounded fear. If it's founded, it's something else...

Start feeling this way yourself, just remember: You're not doing anyone any favors. Your 'beneath you' person deserves to find someone on their level that can love all of them. And jerks should know they're jerks (by being dumped)- and possibly find other jerks that can appreciate that, too.

9 comments:

alwswrite said...

What if I think I'm too good for everyone I meet? What's wrong with me then? (Kidding! Kidding! But I am interested to learn the name of that disorder.)

I-66 said...

Not to be confused with the Inferiority Complex, that's a Superiority Complex, Bat-D

Roar Savage said...

Daddy: Big, Small or Butterface, if what you go for is specific, and you specifically find it in someone, you don't have UGC.

The "nearly" of your "nearly impossible" is where the UGC comes in. UGC cheats everyone.

A-Dub: You're just choosy. Better than UGC, no? (Why am I thinking about peanut butter right now?)

Marci said...

Jiff! Choosy moms choose Jiff!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post.

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, cool blog by the way..

Anonymous said...

Is there such a thing as UBC?

Roar Savage said...

Yes. Another post perhaps, but I most often see this personified in the couples of hot black men and ugly white chicks. Gives inter-racial dating a bad name. (Yeah, I said it!)

Don't Be Silent DC said...

I must have this because I have "dated down" a few times.