2.28.2006

Mardi Gras!

Happy Fat Tuesday!
I hope you all get drunk, get beads and have fun.
...I'll be working.

I'm actually excited about Lent coming up, though. It's my favorite Christian season. Seriously.
I usually give up chocolate or swearing or soda, but I think this year I'm giving up alcohol.
Er, drinking more than 2 cocktails a night.
Er, drinking more than one drink per venue.
Or...
No. I can do that. I can. It's 40 days. Just 40 days.
The whole point is to strive to be more Christ-like. And I'm sure the more Christ-like version of Roar involves less alcohol. Actually, I'm positive.
Perhaps this will also help with the budget crunch of late. We'll see...

16 comments:

I-66 said...

[shocked silence]

Anonymous said...

Envisioning a more "christ-like" Roar;

You have a beard.

I-66 said...

<><

Roar Savage said...

Put some legs on that sucker and I'll put it on my bumper.

I-66 said...

<><
''

...ok not really.

Roar Savage said...

Hehe. OK: Now put "Darwin" on its belly...

I-66 said...

I can't write that small :o\

Marci said...

NO booze, really?

just when I thought we'd become great friends!

Anonymous said...

Hey, he turned water to wine. I think ol' JC liked to put them back, too.

Roar Savage said...

LOL, guys.
I'm not giving up on booze ALL together. Just cutting back. It'll save money.
JC didn't even USE money. So I'm still pretty sure he'll like this plan, lol.
And really, in certain *cough* situations *cough* I probably drink to "socially lubricate" at the beginning of the evening, and then just keep up a pretty stiff pace. Then again... sometimes I just try to get drunk, lol!
And I don't wanna hear it, 'lil miss Water Orderer at Steves. We're still gonna be good friends, not to worry. But from now on, I'll be ordering water with you.
Mwah!

Roar Savage said...

Hehe. What makes you think I'm Irish?

I mean, I am. But what gave it away? Lol.

I-66 said...

were you really up at 2:30?

Roar Savage said...

Yes, Darling. Yes I was. Just getting home from job #2.

I-66 said...

myyyyyy god...

I thought it was late at 12:45 for a school night... but then again, I was only watching the end of Mind of Menci

I-66 said...

Mind of Mencia, even.

Roar Savage said...

Yeah, it was a fun night. No drinkie-poos for this girl, though. And the soberness made it even harder to fall asleep when I got home. A little "Cold Mountain" did the trick, though. hehe.