1.13.2006

Harry how I love thee... Let me count the ways:



Time to let my friends (who don't already know) in on something near and dear to my heart: my crush on Harold Ford Jr.
I have had a crush on this man since... I'm not even sure.
Was it the DNC, when political passion was at its peak, bonding even my Father and I?
Was it the Obama TVOneOnOne interview Ford crashed? "That's what the Founding Fathers envisioned: a nation led by men of mixed background..." Wrong, on so many levels- and he's known for his extemporaneous speaking- but oh-so-poised!
December '04 sealed the deal. I locked eyes with him in the Lincoln Theatre waiting for a Wynton Marsalis concert to start. I had to look away quick-- I'm sure I turned bright red.

Alas, no crush is perfect.
I read a bill on his website that he sponsored, pandering to the Right, advocating something about family values. (yuck!) ...But he's running for Senate in a state with only Red leadership in that house right now.
To further complicate things, The Black Commentator would have you believe that Harry's sold himself to the devil- aka, that the Right and their puppet W have him in their pocket. OK, maybe he said some things in support of the "President"... but what if those quotes were simply in the interest of bi-partisan solidarity? (He's criticized him too...)
Harry's bucking for the title of Solid, Good Leader.
...Nothin' sexier than that!

1 comment:

Roar Savage said...

Daddy, you may be right. But I can't crush on Obama. He's MARRIED!