1.10.2006

We Be Burnin'

WTF.

Has anyone else noticed that Sean Paul has a "radio edit" for his new song, "We Be Burnin," that is played on ClearChannel stations, yet RadioOne (93.9) and CBS's Infinity [er, vice-versa. It was hard to tell from my googling who owned who] (95.5) choose to play the un-fucked-with version?

Why does ClearChannel think we can't handle:
"Some got gold and oil and diamonds, all we got is Mary J.
Recognize it. Time to legalize it."

Recogniiiiize IT!, ClearChannel-- hearing about pot doesn't make someone a pothead.

ps-- I will admit, the other part of the "club version" as it's called, is slightly racier:

"Just gimme the trees and we'll smoke it yo.
It don't make me please so don't provoke it yo.
We don't need no speed so we going to coke it yo.
Set we mind at ease we got to take it slow."

Still, racy though it may be, the same argument from above could be used. It's a song, not a dealer's phone number.

7 comments:

I-66 said...

another important question: Why is Sean Paul so difficult to understand?

I love XM Radio because there are uncensored stations that fulfill my need to hear cursing in songs.

Roar Savage said...

One point for XM!

Though, I gotta say, I really love my DC Morning shows and Michael Basedon (slightly old-fashioned, though he is) on my drive home.

Yes, I know: I live in the District and I drive. I'm lazy. Deal.

I-66 said...

Pft. I drive everywhere. Well, not until March 15 when I get my "real" license back and stop having to use this restricted one (reckless, 55 in a 25). I hate public trans.

One of the reasons I wanted XM is because of the talk and commercials. Most of the music stations on XM are commercial free. I can dig it... I can SO dig it.

Roar Savage said...

LOL: Can y'all dig it? We can dig it!

What song is that from?

I-66 said...

party on party people
let me hear some noise
DC's in the house
jump jump rejoice
There's a party over here
A party over there
Wave your hands in the air
Shake your derriere
These 3 words mean you're gettin busy...

You must not know who you're messin with ;)

Roar Savage said...

...but I always like suprises.

This is going to be a fun game. I'll come at you with something better next time.

I-66 said...

I'm a lyrical encyclopedia... which doesn't really help me in the real world. Obscure refs from songs are the ones that get me -- oh, and, yanno, songs I've never heard.