1.19.2006

My 1st Blogger Happy Hour

You've already read the overviews. No need to rehash. I'll just hit the highlights:

First let me say, though, this post would not be possible without the help of Jon, who IMed me the minute I got to the office this afternoon. I (finally) can link others' blogs in my own. Gracias, Jon. Gracias. Can't wait to read more of you.

First entering the blog HH, I made a bee-line for I-66 cuz I, like everyone else, recognized him. Sorry we didn't get to talk longer, honey. I still owe you shots, and I was looking forward to talks about the Isely Brothers... next time.

I approached someone wearing a "Chase" nametag. I asked if she was AsianMistress. "Uh, no." I correctly guessed Chase-ing Complacency next. Yeah, ok, so I'm slow on the uptake. "Oh, honey!," I gushed. "You look so much cuter than your picture!" She was less than flattered. Chase- fyi- I only meant that the pic doesn't do you justice. You're adorable.

Met Jade. Awesome chick. We talked Dan Savage, subs and doms. She was my 2nd Washington Apple of the evening. Good times.

I had to rat out my boys E Rock and YoDaddy. My best buds from UMD- these guys go back to freshman year metro trips to Club Platinum (we didn't know any better). Thinking their old bud was dragging them to an event on par with a bookclub, "three, maybe four other people," Erock surmised, they thought it would be fun to try out other names. I had to out "Troy" and "Antwon" to Kathryn. Come on, guys. Forgive me! This was no bookclub meeting, and I only outed you once K said, "So, do those guys have made-up blogs or something?" "No," I began. "Just made-up names." Can't lie to the hostess...


Nicole, you can't be my first friend who's a Hooters girl, but you can be my 4th. What can I say? I have hot friends. I hope you'll be one of them, though. You're fun! (And sorry for making you stay later than you wanted to with me, lol).


Baby Banana (another down-ass-chick) and I had fun taking pics with Travis. Marci, honey, give in to the "type"-- and have fun with it! Dreds are cool, even if he's not.

I waved at V once I recognized her at the bar, only to realize she had no idea who I was, and I looked rather spastic doing it. (Oops!) We talked Okie for a while. Quite fun. She is so sweet and nice (it's an Okie trait). For the record, though, I went to UMD... no harm no foul.

Kathryn, already mentioned above, lived up to her nickname: she was *def* the hostess with the mostest! And hers goes up there as one of the best quotes of the evening: "I met him." "I know." Another 'doh!' moment...
Her quote is rivaled only by one: "I lose interest (in women) pretty fast." What, pray tell, does one say to that???

Cookie, can't wait to see you out and about again. I love 6 degrees of separation (or 3, but who's counting?) and love, love, love that I've converted you to the Washington Apple.

Thanks for a fun night, guys!

16 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

Yes, there were many, many good quotes of the evening!!!

"Troy" had a couple later, as well. :)

Great meeting you.

Roar Savage said...

Really enjoyed meeting you, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are fantastic! Thanks for the compliment! :-) I was a bit in a bad mood last night. I apologize if I came off like a bitch. It sounds like I left way too early! Great meeting you.

Anonymous said...

Roar: You were so funny, I think you told me you were really from Brooklyn or something, I don't know but I loved it. Can't wait to set you and Cookie loose on those strippers!

I-66 said...

Yeah you totally owe me shots - I plan on collecting some time or another!

It was great to meet you. There's always time for the Isley Brothers.

Nicole said...

I too need to make you teach me about the apparently yummy Washington Apple; and I was more than happy to stay a little longer and mingle with you, it was just the fear of getting my car stuck in a parking garage overnight that made me leave the fun so early.

We'll have to get together sometime soon!

Marci said...

Well that's the things, I don't have a type...I don't think. I am all over the damned place. I just like boys. Cute ones. Easy, right?

Funny you mentioned that about Chase, I did not get to meet her, but I saw her buzz by me and thought..."so adorable, her icon does not do her justice". We're like totally on the same page :)

Hammer said...

Great to meet ya - you had me cracking up all night! Thanks for the dance steps too.

Roar Savage said...

Chase--You were no bitchier than my botched compliment. No hard feelings. Feeling better?

V-- I am from Brooklyn, er, I lived there for 14 years before HS. It's complicated... but both Okie and NYC parts of me loved meeting you and enjoy strippers equally (though I've never seen the girl version)!! I'm looking forward to hanging again!

66-- I'm no welcher. Name the day.

Daddy-- Is that a spelling or an Acronym?

Nicole-- I'll do better than teach you, I'll take you to the bartender that served it to me first! Name the day, sweetie.

Banana-- Love meeting new people on the same wavelength. You were so much fun!

Travis-- Banana and I are quite the scheky team. ...and Salsa is an important dance staple.

DC Cookie said...

More like 1 degree of separation...in multiple directions.

I-66 said...

As long as the day ends in Y and venue is metro accessible I'm down.

Roar Savage said...

Cookie- LOL.

66- K. Next week?

I-66 said...

Just not Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am better. Damn insurance company got me all in a pissy mood. But I am good now.
Hope to see you again, soon!

Roar Savage said...

Chase, I just checked your blog, and you just brightened my day...!

To those who haven't seen: Chase put me on her blog under "Chase-ing Fascinating Lives." Thank you for the compliment, and I hope not to disappoint!

(BTW- If it makes you feel any better, I don't *have* insurance.) : /

Asian Mistress said...

Haha how did you mix up Chase with me? She's not asian! :)