1.23.2006

Viridian

I hate restaurant reviews. They're so standard. Expect nothing of the sort here.

K & I began our weekly brunch-and-shopping ritual yesterday at the beautiful Viridian, newly-opened on 14th btn P & Q. The menu's so simple, it's confusing. The food is good but random: lamb sausages, cold lentil salad, cauliflower soup. The bloody mary is actually lethal-- K caught a whole red chili pepper in hers (at least they don't bother using ice).

It's no Logan Tavern, but the trip into the unknown (and the $24) was worth it: eating brunch while staring at a huge rendering of a sword fight between Uncle Sam (armed with Nike) and Osama (weilding Jihad). Now that's a DC brunch!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lamb sausages...that actually sounds really good.
As far as spicy Bloody Mary's go...the spicier the better I say. Nothing like having your sinuses cleansed as you get drunk! But that's just how I roll. :-)

Roar Savage said...

Then you roll harder than me, babe. I won't touch lamb, and I could not choke that sh*t down. But like I said, the painting was lovely, hehe. Sounds like you should go check this place out.

Nicole said...

Brunch is quite possibly my favorite meal to eat out...or then again, maybe dessert is...

I-66 said...

Okay, Roary... now your stuff's smaller than before.

Roar Savage said...

I'm working on it! Sheesh.

I-66 said...

atta girl!