1.17.2006

Would you rather...

My family liked to play this game at get-togethers. The grown-ups wanted to get us cousins thinking, I guess. Creating philosophers, if you will. Here are a few situations (some sticky) to ponder. Two have been in the family forever, and the last I've added for some adult flava:

Scenario 1: You're trapped, standing in an Olympic-sized pool of shit. Human excrement, to be exact. Now, for argument's sake, let's say you're chained down by your ankles. You cannot move to any side, up or out of the pool. Your head is the only thing exposed. (You're neck-deep in CRAP!). However, someone (presumeably the person that put you in this smelly predicament) is now standing at the edge of the pool with a bucket of snot-- human-- aimed at your head. They won't miss. Do you duck?

Scenario 2: Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond, or a little fish in a big one? Remember, in this case (unlike others) "big" and "small" are terms relative to their environment.

Scenario 3: There's a couple in bed. A hookup happened the night before. There was alcohol involved. You are one of the people in bed. The other person is whatever gender you are attracted to. One of you wakes up first. It is this earlier riser's apartment. This person looks over at the other person and feels... ill. Would you rather be the person whose apartment it is, that then has to get the "vile" person to leave, or would you rather be the one waiting by the phone for a call that'll never come?

There'll be more tomorrow. Lemme know what your answers are. Mine are:
1--totally taking the snot. (At least it's supposed to be up my nose...)
2--big fish in small pond. Really, large fish in medium pond, but that wasn't an option, was it? I would only be a small fish in a big pond if I could somehow still rub it in the fish faces of the fish in the small pond that I was still better than them, lol.
3--i think i'd rather be the one whose apartment it is. Ignorance is only SOMETIMES bliss. (Honestly, I'd rather think that about someone else and live with my own shallowness than ever have to wonder if someone thought that about me).

5 comments:

Roar Savage said...

AAAAAAAAAAw, shit, ER! I was all ready to reply to all of your comments but one in particular stuck out on closer reading: "Or if they are a whore, then creativity to make them cry." In this scenario all you know about this other person is that you hooked up with them in your bed the night before and they're not appealing. How would you know if she's a "whore"? You're so sweet, ER, I never thought I'd hear you say you wanted to make someone cry...

Nicole said...

Snot.(I am currently grossed out.) Big fish. (Ah, high school.) My apartment. (I'd start vacuuming, walk my puppy, etc. to let him know his presence was no longer desired)

Roar Savage said...

Nicole, I know these were totallly gross. I have more philosophical and generally cleaner and mushier questions for later in the week. I thought these were good starters.

Daddy, you always mess with Dimes, don't be coy. And it's always Daddy day. Always. lol.

Anonymous said...

1. snot
2. big fish
3. my apartment, although hopefully neither scenario would be the case :)

Roar Savage said...

Friend fuzzies!