1.18.2006

Update: Drab Land

I'm overseeing the testing of administrative candidates at my firm. No, I didn't know this existed either. As such, I've been trapped in front of a laptop literally all day, and because of it.... I'm lost... in a sea of... absolute boredom and complacency. I have one of those complacent headaches. The kind that sits, spreads and oppresses.

I felt compelled to reach out, to share my torture with others. And, not having AIM clearance on this makeshift machine, here I am: blogging. The following are the random thoughts that have occupied my otherwise constricted brain:

"The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Grace Under Pressure" is an awesome book. I just can't read any more of someone telling me what to do/how to act today. Here's hoping I don't rebel against the authors tonight at the HH and get... shitty. Or as DistrictSiren would say, "drunkface."

The best advice I heard this week came from one of my new(er) friends, K__. "If you're not sure, don't waste a weekend night on him." You're a sage, K. Sage.

I have the song "Return to Innocence" stuck in my head. That Native American keeps ooo-ing and aaah-ing in my ears. I never liked this song very much. Not even enough to have ever known who sang it. It is seeping into every corner of my otherwise catatonic brain and... ... ... TAKING OVER! Only reading makes it stop, but we've already been through that.

Speaking of music, I've had the worst writer's block lately. Can't write anything. Lyrics and melodies used to come out of every one of my orifices (trying to be polite) and now my creative juices are as dry as this day has been.
YUCK!

Vodka, Cranberry, Orange, Pineapple with Belvedere, please... and a Washington Apple to start. Thanks. ...Yes, I'd like to keep it open.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I am unfortunate enough to know that it is Enigma that did "Return to Innocence." And it conjures memories of JTT and "Man of the House", aagh. Where is he now btdub?

Roar Savage said...

OMG. I loove that you say BTDub. I say btdub!

Nicole said...

Well then btdub, where do you get your eyebrows done? LOVE 'em, you're a little hottie on Marci's page

Roar Savage said...

I actually pluck, cuz (as I'm sure I've already blogged) I am a cheap b***h. But thanks for the props!

Marci said...

I don't think I would ever notice fantastic eyebrows...good eye Nicole!

You pluck though? Wasn't it you I had the hairy ass mofo converstaion with last night? That's got to be hard girl! Oh wait maybe I discussed hair with Cookie? Too many vodka sodas...apologies.

I-66 said...

...hairy ass?

Roar Savage said...

No, didn't talk hairy ass with anyone at the HH. Though I must weigh in: I'm not a fan.