1.20.2006

How to Date a Fabulous Girl

Disclaimer: These hints are only to be employed when dating the most fabulous of the fab.

Games: Men & Women play games for the same reason: they're insecure & they're trying to get one over on you. 'I'm busy & not that eager' and 'Men pay for the priviledge of my company all the time,' are the attempted implications of waiting a few days to call or not offering to pony up. Fabulous people see these actions for what they are.

Chivalry: is not dead. (But should be a 2-way street.) Open her car door & see if she leans over to unlock yours. Walk on the street side of the road (MAJOR bonus points!!) Does she switch her purse to the opposite arm while holding hands? In a group, both should introduce the other to their acquaintances.

Gift of Gab: Fabulous people can talk to anyone. They know how to start & perpetuate a conversation. By all means, find this talent refreshing-- but don't punish a good conversationalist. If it's clear that one person simply enjoys talking to hear their head rattle more than they would like to learn about the other person, the fab-u will quickly get bored-- and move on.

The tab: A fabulous gal genuinely offers to pay the tab and there are no repurcussions to the guy accepting. That said, just as no fab. gal is anyone's 'kept woman,' she is on a date, not doing charity work. Unisex Rule-- the inviter should always be prepared to foot the bill of their proposed activity in full, though any gracious invitee should find a way to contribute.

...this last may throw even the most proficient dater through a loop. When not paying in full, the date is no longer formalized 'pu&&y brokerage' and will require a paradigm shift, for any not used to dating a True Fab-u. Just keep the phrase "value added" in the forefront of your mind, and you should be fine.

11 comments:

Roar Savage said...

Playboys? No... Savage doesn't date Playboys.

And F**k those Motherf**king Nephleometer refracting coordinates, anyway!
: P

Nicole said...

There are girls who after the door is opened for them, and they sit, they just keep sitting checking out their makeup while he strolls around, fumbles with his own keys to open his door? Shame on them.

And not paying in full? Ugh. If a guy wanted to go dutch, I'd sooner throw a wad of cash down to settle the entire check so I could run out of there away from him all the faster.

Roar Savage said...

Wait, Nicole, you don't agree about the tab thing then?

Nicole said...

No, I do agree that it's a 2 way street when it comes to the tab. I am more than happy to treat him, and accept that he treat me. But, say splitting the check, because I ate the chicken which is only 13.94 and you ate the veal which is 15.02, seems ridiculous on a date for two fabulous people, and that is the sort of guy I would run away from. If the reason for splitting is of bank account, well then 2 fab people can find amazing, fun things to do here in this great city without breaking the bank.

If you mean a situation, in which he offers to pay, and I say, no let's split the check 50/50, or let me pay my way, I am not a fan of said compromise. But that feeling stems from the ex, with whom I opened a joint checking account 4 months after dating so we could pay for everything together.

Or I am fab enough to pony up and pay for him. Or I am gracious enough if he pays for mini-golf, I'll offer post-golf dessert as compensation. *Flirt* :-p

Roar Savage said...

Nicole- I must've been too ambiguous in today's post, I'm sorry. Looks like (as usual) we are on the same wavelength, cuz I agree: there's nothing *less* sexy than splitting hairs over a single tab. I'm down with your "post-golf compensation" camp.
And Oh, Geez! "Joint Checking Account": the words alone give me nightmares! No wonder you're still reeling. ...We'll have to dance some of that mojo off soon.

Anonymous said...

In regards to the gift of gab, I think a fabulous girl will also know when to be quiet and listen.

I really like your observations.

Roar Savage said...

Too true, and Thanks!

Roar Savage said...

Daddy, a response to this would be a post in itself. Keep reading, I'll have something for you next week.

Anonymous said...

"Chivalry: is not dead."

Spend one night on the town with a Southern Gentleman. It's not dead.

Anonymous said...

call me old fashion but i think the guy should pay for the the dates. i like treating a girl out on the town, especially one that is "fabulous". if a girl offers to pay here and there dont get me wrong, i down on saving some bucks. but splitting checks 50/50 is gay.

Roar Savage said...

Annonymous: My Mother begged me to go to Vanderbilt to meet gentlemen such as yourself. And you even had me til the "gay" comment. 50/50 is stupid, but, I don't like "gay" as a negative word.